Recently in Meta Category
- I've added a comments RSS feed. The link is in the sidebar to the right, just below the blog feed. Movable Type's template system is rather nice for authoring this kind of thing easily. Credit to Emiliano Bruni who posted up some code to do the job.
- I've brightened up the look - might do this again soon as I'm not totally in love with it.
- After much moaning, I've fixed the name of one of my regular commenters!
I've decided to change my blog software from Wordpress to Movable Type. The main reason for this is that I was finding my blog to be running rather slowly. Wordpress regenerates every page view from the database, whereas Movable Type generates static HTML pages when anything is published (be it a post, comment, etc) which should make things a lot snappier.
I've imported everything from my old blog (a surprisingly easy process), and put in a redirect on the server to the new page. This will mean however that people will need to change their RSS/Atom feeds to point at the new system. It also means my facebook profile has reimported all the posts, but that's not really a major problem.
Today I awoke a little late. Had to rush to get ready. To make matters worse, I'd left my bicycle at work last Friday so I had to walk to work.
I ate a simple breakfast of Rice Krispies with milk with a glass of orange juice. Spilt some milk on the table, so lost even more time wiping it up. Grrr!
Arrived at work out of breath...Suffice to say, I'm not going to post every little detail about my life. So what will I post? I definitely won't post about certain things.
- Working in the games industry. It's a legal minefield and a potentially job threatening practice I'll leave to braver (or more foolhardy) souls. For the same reason I won't review anything published by EA.
- Anything about my family or friends, unless they've given me specific permission.
- Rants/Gushing about annoying/cool things that happen to me.
- Reviews of books, movies, TV, games (except those published by EA), etc.
- Comment on current affairs, both technical and general (I may be worried about pissing work off, but I've no fear about commenting on politics, religion, etc).